Monday, October 8, 2012

FMS 55 - My entry for this week's challenge!


Ta-da! My entry for this week's Freshly Made Sketches challenge is done!

I had a really hard time coming up with a card for this challenge, but I think it's because I was trying to kill two birds with one stone. See, it was my best friend's birthday this weekend, too, so I was trying to force this card to be a birthday card -- and it just wasn't having it! So I ended up with this cute "Hello" card instead. I'll make Kelsey her card tomorrow. For now, I'm going to bed!

I had a lot of fun adding all the little pearl accents, and I got to use some of the ribbon I got for FREE during last month's "Back to Spool" promotion.

Materials used for this card:
Paper: Whisper white (for punched images); crumb cake
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Soft Suede, Certainly Celery, Tempting Turquoise, Daffodil Delight
Tools: Scallop punches, circle punches, dimensionals
Accents: Basic pearls, Raspberry Ripple 3/8" stitched satin ribbon

4 comments:

  1. What a great card and a fabulously creative take on our challenge ... I love your layered flower and the pearl accents are just perfect!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the pearl accents! Why not right!? This turned out so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card Michelle! I love that Quint-Essential Flower! The pearls are a fabulous addition! Love that clean and simple look! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this flower! The pearls are the perfect accents! Clean and classy for sure! Thanks for playing at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete