Saturday, December 1, 2012

Holiday Shimmer Hop! (Plus FM87)

To kick off the holiday season (welcome to December, everyone!), some fellow Stampin' Up! demonstrators and I decided to get together and do a holiday blog hop. We've all created fantastic projects to show off some of our favorite products and techniques, so be sure to check out everyone's blogs. Our theme? Shimmer! Totally perfect for the holiday season, huh?

I couldn't pick just ONE sparkly project (how could I, with so many fun options?). So today I have TWO cheerful, festive, and sparkly projects to show you: a card and a gift.

The sparkle on my "Merry" card is just in small bursts, but I really love the touch of "something extra" it gives the image.


Here's a close-up so you can see the sparkle a little better.
Don't you just love it??
Card Supplies:
Paper: Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler, and Very Vanilla CS; Be of Good Cheer DSP
Stamps: Greetings of the Season, Beautiful Season
Ink: black StazOn (base image), Soft Suede (greeting); water colored with Gumball Green, Basic Grey, Soft Suede; Cherry Cobbler Stamp 'n' Write© Marker
Tools & Embellishments: Scallop Square die (on the Big Shot) and Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details, SNAIL adhesive (as always)

This next project is one I made for the Friday Mash Up challenge (FM87), which is to make a gift project and/or to use their inspiration photo. My project is a gift, and I used the silver glimmer paper like they did in their photo, so I kinda got both elements in there! I got the idea for the adorable candy tray from Stuck On Stampin's "12 Days of Christmas" projects from last year. So cute! The tag has a LOT of sparkle, thanks to the Glimmer Paper from Stampin' Up!, the tray is scored & folded cardstock, and the candy is simply wrapped with some of our Be of Good Cheer DSP. Perfect little stocking stuffer or neighbor gift, if I do say so myself!




Project Supplies:
Paper: Cherry Cobbler CS (tray base), Very Vanilla CS (tag), Be of Good Cheer DSP (wrappers), Silver Glimmer Paper (tag backing)
Ink & tools: Cherry Cobbler, Scoring board (tray), Large scallop circle punch, handheld (1/16") punch
Stamp: Tags 'Til Christmas
Other: Hershey's minis & "pretzel" cellophane bags (from the party store), Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine, SNAIL adhesive (as always)

Hop Back: Julie Davidse

Hop Forward: Kris Kilkenny

10 comments:

  1. Love that little burst of sparkle on the berries and the candy packaging... yum! I'm totally making some of those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A perfect use of the Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute projects! Your watercoloring is beautiful and I love the red glimmer on the berries. It would be fun to use this card for a stamp a stack.Thanks for the great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your watercoloring, too! Good job with the close-up! None of my close-ups showed the tiny bit of Dazzling Details on my card. Don't you think that SU needs to carry those cello bags? Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun candy package.. This came out great and the sparkle on your tag is perfect. Thanks for joining us at The Friday Mashup.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! The glimmer paper is a perfect accent on the tag and the treats and package look very festive!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable candy packaging! I'll take some! :) Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a darling gift idea for friends at work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on getting picked as a Glamette!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, everyone! And thank you to the kind folks at Friday MashUp who picked my project as one of their "Glamettes"!

    ReplyDelete