Tuesday, January 1, 2013

"Love is in the Air" Blog Hop (and RS#44)

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Welcome to 2013! And welcome to our second monthly Blog Hop! We've chosen for our theme "Love is In the Air" and were told to just run with it. So here's what I came up with -- an elegant card perfect for Valentines Day, or just because you care:


Now, I have to give a little background. I don't really "do" Valentine's Day. It just isn't my thing. I don't particularly like the over-the-top romantic gestures, and I really am not a fan of pinks and reds and whites being thrown all over the place (not my favorite color combo). So when our group of Demonstrators decided to go with what first struck me as a VERY "Valentine's Day" theme, I was a little worried that I wouldn't like my project or that it would feel too "forced" or even too "cutesy."

But I love this card! I was inspired on the color palette by this card by Amy White. In fact, I set out to pretty much replicate her card - it's just so cute! But then I realized: Oh yeah, I don't really "do" the whole Valentine's thing. Which meant I didn't have any heart stamps, or any lovey-dovey stamp phrases, or even a heart-shaped punch! So instead of CASE-ing her card (Create And Share Everything--stampin' up lingo for ya), I took her idea and made it my own -- combined with this week's Retro Sketch Challenge. And the result is a card that I absolutely LOVE!

This week's Retro Sketch layout.
I just did mine sideways and flipped horizontally.

Be sure to check out the rest of our "Love is In the Air" blog hop! 

Hop Back: Julie Davidse 
Hop Forward: Kris Kilkenny

Thanks for visiting my blog! Feel free to stay awhile and check things out. As always, I love comments, so let me know what you think of my card and the blog hop!

10 comments:

  1. I love these colors together and the rounded corners.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Those elements I totally lifted from the inspiration card by Amy White. But I'm glad it turned out so well!

      Delete
  2. Your card has a very elegant look to it. It's LOVEly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this one! It's so classic and pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect color combination. It really make the layout work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very elegant and I love the color combination as well. Your flower is beautifully stamped and cut. I think the pearl adds the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The is a great card! Very Victorian. Exceptionally Elegant. Simply Stylish. Lacy and Lovely. Added a nice touch to the Happy Hop. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love getting feedback about what people like about my card creations. And as an English nerd, I always appreciate alliteration, as well! :)

      Delete
  7. Love the lacy detail. Very "LOVE"ly without being "valentine'y!

    ReplyDelete