Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Patterns & Textures: Layered Birthday Card

In preparation for our "Birthday Bash Blog Hop" coming this Friday, I've had birthday cards on the brain. I found a cute sketch over on Seize the Birthday, but I totally missed the deadline for linking up! Oh, well. I still ended up with a cute, colorful birthday card.




I love the patterns in this Summer Smooches DSP - and the colors!! The colors are just fantastic: Rich Razzleberry and Lucky Limeade. Add a quick cutout from the Labels Collection Framelits stamped with a "Bring on the Cake" phrase, and I was almost done. It just needed .... something. So I grabbed a clear Bitty Button and some Linen Thread, and voila! The card was complete.

Don't forget to come back for more Birthday inspiration during our Birthday Bash Blog Hop on Friday!


Card Details
Paper: Chocolate Chip Textured CS, Whisper White CS, Summer Smooches DSP
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Rich Razzleberry
Tools & Accessories: Labels Collection Framelits dies (Big Shot), Bitty Buttons, Linen Thread

1 comment: