Friday, February 1, 2013

As Promised - A Doctor Who Card

It's February! Which means it's now time for the Month of Letters Challenge! Today I mailed two cards - one to my brother, and one to my friend. The one for my brother is this card that I made for his wedding (back in early December.... wow, I'm on top of things, huh?)

The second is a card I made more recently with Sale-a-Bration products. I mentioned a few days ago that I had used the new Feeling Sentimental stamp set to make a Doctor Who-themed card. But I didn't want to share it quite yet because it's a surprise for my friend for Letter Month. Well, now that it's in the mail I can show you!



Isn't it great? I wasn't sure what phrase to use with the T.A.R.D.I.S. image, and then Julie found this great saying that is just perfect! "Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it isn't the end." Considering the time-travel theme of the whole show, it seemed like a fitting greeting.

I really love the artwork in this set. It looks like a print of an old sketch, especially when you stamp it in the super-black StazOn ink like I did here. The StazOn is also great for watercoloring (which I also did here), since the ink doesn't smear. Trying to find the right shade of blue was a bit tricky, but I think the Midnight Muse was a pretty good fit.

And with this, I've officially kicked of Letter Month! So I get this shiny new badge for my efforts.



Card Details:
Paper: Soft Suede, Very Vanilla CS; Newsprint DSP
Ink: black StazOn, Midnight Muse
Tools: Oval Framelits dies (from the Spring Catalog -- check it out in the sidebar!)
Accessories: Basic Jewels Rhinestones, Dimensionals, SNAIL adhesive, square punch (for cutting end of banner)
Stamp Sets: Feeling Sentimental (from the Sale-a-Bration catalog -- earn it for free!), Pursuit of Happiness

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this!! My husband is a huge Dr Who fan and that's what I thought when I saw this image too! :) And the quote is fabulous no matter the occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That card is incredible. Need my address? :p

    ReplyDelete