Monday, April 1, 2013

"Just Because" Blog Hop!


Welcome to our Blog Hop! Our group of fabulous demonstrators get together (online) on the first of every month to share really great projects, and we finally have a name -- "Stamp. Scrap. Sew. Share. Create." This month's theme is "Just Because." It was my month to pick a theme, and I've noticed lately that I never have enough "out of the blue" cards on hand to send to friends. So that's what we're showcasing this month -- projects for those "just because" moments.

Be sure to click through to all the blogs on our hop!

On to the projects!

You may already know about my love of butterflies (I even have a motto!), so my choice for projects probably doesn't come as a surprise -- they're all centered around the Beautiful Wings Embosslit © for the Big Shot!



I started with this card, inspired by one I found
on CraftinUp.com.

Then I made a cute notebook to go with it.
(My stamping tends to be like If You Give a Mouse a Cookie.)

And, inspired by Retro Sketches, I made this card!

 All three projects use the same colors and basic theme, yet they turned out different. I love how versatile these products are! Like the captions say, the first card was CASE'd from another demonstrator, the notebook was my own creation (inspired by the first card), and the last one was made for a sketch challenge. I really love the challenges over at Retro Sketches, and this one was no exception!! Isn't it a fun layout? Here's the challenge info for RS#57:



And be sure to check out all our other fabulous hops!
"Holiday Shimmer" Hop
"Love is in the Air" Hop
"Birthday Bash" Hop
"Colors of Spring" Hop

6 comments:

  1. I love your progression of butterfly inspiration. I too really enjoyed the Retro Sketch this time around. Yours turned out awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the ways you used the butterflies. These are so cute! My favorite is the middle one. I like the little butterflies fluttering by the sentiment. Very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling butterflies! So many demonstratable projects! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These projects are so pretty and spring-y! I love all the different butterflies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your Retro Sketch card. The colors really make the butterflies stand out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This would be such and awesome class! I love it!

    ReplyDelete